Rather than do multiple posts I thought I would just do a brain dump today and let you in on what’s going on lately. There’s never a time when I’m not pumped about wedding photography and besides family and kids I go to bed thinking about it and wake up doing the same thing. This month though is going to be a little different I’m sure, and we’ll see how it turns out. I promise to keep posting and let you in on the updates as they happen, both personally and with the business.
A little while ago we took Jayden to his new school for an orientation session where they do a meet and greet with the teacher’s and staff etc and I had one of those moments that you never expect to have. It hit me again at that moment walking down the halls of the school, that I’m a parent – OMG! It’s a little difficult to explain but I started to have flash backs of when I was in school and eventually came to the realization that I’m now on the other end and have to attend the parent teacher meetings. My only hope is that he gets a better report than I did, which shouldn’t be that hard really. 🙂
With regards to the business, I love change. It’s not that I don’t like the offerings that I have for my clients now, but as I mentioned I’m constantly thinking about how to improve things and what I can offer you to improve your experience. So with that I’ll list below some changes that I have planned and am working and hope to have ready by October.
– Fresh new website. I’ve had the main site for a couple of years and it’s served well, but I want to improve the feel of the site, make it more friendly to view on different devices like smart phones, iPads, and be able to handle different screen resolutions more transparently. I’m really excited, with the new one and I’m sure you’ll love it. Having said that, the amount of work that needs to be done terrifies me.
– New logo and branding. I’ve debated back and forth about this but I figured if I’m going to launch a new site which is a huge part of how clients view my work and myself, than I want to freshen things up a bit. This will also include new business cards and helpful information for wedding clients such as an album information guide.
– New album offering. I’m super excited to have a new album available to my clients and am crazy about the design options it’s going to give. If you’re coming over for a wedding chat you’ll definitely want to see this sample!
– Additional options. In keeping with what I’ve said already, my goal is to offer my wedding clients an awesome experience and this means from the beginning of our initial contact to the time that you see your final package (of course we’ll still be friends after so you can always hit me up or send me a message on FB!). I have available now some cool new thank you cards and other items that can complement your main package if you wish.
– This month I have a couple of weddings where I’ll be showing some of the best photos from the wedding day during the reception. I’m working on a system now that I should be able to have this ready to go at a reception within 20-30 min, which is my goal. I’m crazy excited about this and we’ll see how it goes. If it goes really well, I’ll look at a way to offer this to all clients if I’m staying for the reception.
Finally with all of these changes I’m beginning to see things differently when I photograph weddings now. I know that a major part of this has to do with some of the wedding workshops that I attended recently and they have really helped me to see where I want to go and what I want to bring to the table for my wedding clients. In terms of the type of images that I want to capture, I want to show my clients as they’re having fun with each other and their friends and family, as well as showing the love and connection with their new husband or wife. There are always a number of soft, intimate moments at a wedding and my hope is that you’ll remember those times when you look at your photos.
That’s all for now.